Friday, October 19, 2007

Two Years on the Road

Exactly two years ago I took my first trip to Thailand. That trip started a journey that I will hopefully never end. I've changed quite a bit in that two years, for the better and worse, and it has been without a doubt, the best two years of my life.

I'd take a walk down memory lane in this post but if you really care to see where I've been and what I've done over those two years, just click down the side bar at previous months...it has been a very eventful time. What I'll talk about instead, and plan myself in writing it, will be to map out what the next two years could look like.

When I started out on this journey I never thought I'd be in the position I'm in now. I can do nearly anything in this world. I could go get a masters (in anything I choose) from one of the finest Universities in the world, on any continent...I could start a passion based land based business like opening up a baseball card shop (my first entrepreneurial pursuit...I used to promote shows and had my first business, 'Billy's Cards', before I was legally able to drive). I could take a trip around the world and make a book of pictures about it, I could put myself fully into business for a year some place and come out the other end of it with more money than me or my kids could ever spend.

I'm still kicking things around but I'm having a very hard time justifying any more meaningful or time consuming work. I don't want to wait until I am retired to enjoy what my brain and good fortune have earned me. At the same time I don't want to leave up heaping gobs of EV on the table so I can go and checkout Museums in strange countries.

I'm searching hard for a balance of the two and hopefully I'll be able to do both. I'm picking up a lot of time management skills and working on streamlining all of my business endeavors...the book I recommended before has been absolutely sensational with this...definitely give it a read if you like freedom with your money...Four Hour Work Week


The next three months at least will be a mini-sabbatical. I'll take time to try to figure these things out while...taking pictures of museums :)


Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!



Wild Bill