Monday, September 17, 2007

The best birthday present ever

I turned 27 yesterday. 25 and 26 both felt really old to me. I don't think I was ready to be an adult yet. 27 feels really young. I've finally reached a stage in life where I know I am not a kid anymore, I now feel really lucky to be 27 and in the position I am in. Many people in their 40's aren't doing this well after 20 years of 50 hour weeks. I'm reading a great book right now called 'The 4-Hour Work Week' that I'd highly recommend to anybody who'd like to get out of the rat race. Much of it sounds like exactly what I'd write if I wrote a book, but there are some great tips in there too. Though the author lives life to the fullest more than me, jumping off of cliffs and motorcycle racing etc. I sit by a lot of beaches and read books.


Ok anyway, on to the amazing gift I just got. I woke up this morning and checked my e-mail and this had come from my mother:

I've been thinking alot over the last few days about
the last 27 years. I had you ...and was the proudest
mom in the world. 27 years later and I'm still the
proudest mom on earth. I have raised a son who is
fulfilling his dreams and enjoying life. Most mothers
can't say that. Most mothers say "He's working here
or there". I get to say Billy's in Thailand living a dream
and enjoying his life. I hope you always live your life
this way honey. I'd rather have you half way around the
globe enjoying your life then right here in town being
miserable like I see most people.

Pretty sweet feeling to get that. Thanks mom.


I'm hanging out in Pattaya now, taking golf lessons, reading and playing lots of poker. Didn't do well at all in the big Sunday's yesterday. Got a sick beat in the Warm-Up and didn't feel like playing at all after that and proceeded to purposely dump about $1500 worth of buy-ins on other tournaments. Pretty stupid. Though it was my birthday and I had better things to do than play poker, especially since I wasn't enjoying it anyway.


Re-scheduled my flight to London yet again and will be taking off on the 21st. EPT London next up on my schedule.


Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill