Sunday, August 12, 2007

Wow there is a lot of action!

I haven't played MTT's seriously in a long time. With Party out of the picture I just assumed there were a lot fewer tournaments. There are loads more!

On Stars alone today I found 10 (!!!!!!) different tournaments that I want to play. Holy cow! There are at least 3 more on FTP including the $300 buy-in Million Guaranteed FTOPS event. I haven't even checked the smaller sites yet.

After my crap day yesterday I got a taste for what the average day is going to be like, and today I'm going to try hard to get in a good routine to minimize the mental anguish. Everyday that I play, I'm going to go to the gym first. Thats my rule. I AM NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY POKER unless I have been to the gym already. Next is no fast food and I have to read a book for at least an hour. All of this is before I play.

The no fast food+gym part obviously have the side effect of getting me in shape, but the real reason here is that when I eat well and exercise, I have a very clear and focused mind. Reading (non-poker reading, actual books), also helps my mind to wander and forget about results and tournaments and money.

So thats the plan. I don't want to end up looking like Jennifer Harmon in a year if this works out. If you've never seen her live, she looks like she wants to hang herself just about everytime you see her. Playing tournaments for a living clearly takes its toll on your psyche.


Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!



Wild Bill