Saturday, August 11, 2007

Tentative Schedule

Either I picked a really good time to start this adventure, or there is basically unlimited action for high-buy in tournaments at any given point in time. I've been having a very stressful week attempting to plan out my next 4-6 weeks. I've had to make and break plans with people I care about and for great events on three continents.

Here is what I've come up with, still probably subject to change, but as much in stone as it has been thus far and as its probably going to be:

Kicking off my tour today with four online tournaments:

$1050 qualifier for EPT Barcelona on 8/28, $1050 qualifier for EPT London on 9/25 and $1050 qualifier for EPT Baden on 10/7...all on PokerStars. The Barcelona qualifier is actually underway as I write this. Then the $100 FTOPS rebuy.

Then 8/13: $1060 FTOPS
8/18 $2620 FTOPS Main Event
8/24-26 $2500 APPT Manilla (First live tournament)
8/28-9/1 EPT Barcelona (whether I qualify online or not)

To come to that schedule I had to leave out a trip with my best friends (family really) from college to NYC, a chance to go see my family in Northern California who I haven't seen in ages, and the Legends of Poker at the Bike in Los Angeles. Very difficult decisions. I'll have a lot of friends in Manilla as well, its much closer to home and I can squeeze in two events instead of one over the same time period. In the end, this just made more sense.

After 9/1 the schedule gets a bit fuzzy again. Options are:

9/6-9/8 WPT Beau Rivage Main Event in Biloxi Mississippi
9/10 WSOP Europe Main Event
9/12-9/18 Several Events at the Borgata
9/20, 23, 28, 30 WCOOP Events on PokerStars
9/24-9/30 Turks and Caicos WPT Event
9/25-9/29 EPT London (if I qualify for this online, that will simplify all of this some)
9/28 - 9/30 APPT Seoul Korea
10/7-10/10 EPT Baden (again, if I qualify online, that will simpify the schedule)
10/30-11/1 EPT Dublin (will try later to qualify online for this)


To further complicate matters, things have been going really well with my Thai girlfriend of about six months, so unfortunately I'm going to probably want to be making frequent trips back to Thailand to see her...or working like mad to get her Visa's to come to some of these places with me. Not that this is an altogether bad thing as far as life goes...but its going to make getting in maximum tournament time difficult.

I'll be doing regular updates like this, mainly just to get my own thoughts down some place and to finalize plans for myself, remember dates etc. But if you come across any big ($5000+ buy in) events that you dont see me mention, please email them to me!



Tourney time, thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill