Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Checkout this gem:

RGP Post on Jan 3, 2005

I just found that while Google searching for something else. That was me, pre-2+2 and just before or right when I became a winning poker player. Funny reading that now, I would have thought I would have sounded a lot fishier...but I was actually thinking conceptually in the right way, even before I learned anything about SNG structure. I talked about sustainability and variance and proper bankroll requirements.

From that I went back to that old Gmail account and found an email that I've been wishing I could find for over two years now!


Sit and go's Inbox



Reply
fromxxxxxx
hide details 1/3/05

toxxxx@gmail.com

date
Jan 3, 2005 1:50 PM

subject
Sit and go's

mailed-by
yahoo.com
You wont get much of a response at RGP, but David
Sklansky and Mason Malmuth have some pretty good poker
forums for strategy etc.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=singletable


Thats the single table tournament forum, full of
information.




Good Luck
xxx


My reply:




Reply
fromxxx
hide details 2/8/05

reply-toWilliam Dean

toxxxxx

date
Feb 8, 2005 11:58 PM

subject
Re: Sit and go's

mailed-by
gmail.com
awesome, awesome, awesome

finally a group of like minded SNG'ers


THANKS!!!


This might seem trivial to many people reading this, but thats what started it all for me. I'm going to email that person now and thank them, and depending on who it is, maybe even offer to help them out in some way.

When I received that email and made that post on RGP, I was finishing up my last year at UCSB. I was at a major low point in my life as I had no idea what I was going to do with my future, I was deep in debt from financial aid (and some other things) and generally things just weren't going well.

Today things are much different. I may have found the forum on my own some other way, but that email pretty much sealed the deal and set me down this path.

Pretty cool to find that today. Whenever I get emails from blog readers asking me how they can improve at poker, and I link them to 2+2, I always hope that I'll get an email someday like the one I'm about to send.

Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!



Wild Bill