Saturday, July 07, 2007

Main Event

Went busto in the Main Event about 8 hours after we started. A significant improvement on the 2 hands I played last year ;)

I got in some rough spots, had to fold two pair twice and the hand I busted on was probably the third time I should have folded two pair. I limped 54o after one limper, three more came along and the flop was J54. The big blind bet out, I raised pretty big and when it folded back to him he flat called after a lot of thought. A Ten hit the turn and he be out about half my stack and I shoved in frustration. He had pocket fives.


One good note on the day was that at the very beginning of the day when my table broke, I got moved to the ESPN Feature Table with Doyle Brunson. He was on my immediate left and I chatted with him a fair bit. We had multiple camera's in our face all day, the hole-card cam's and a cheering audience the whole time. Not the situation where I'd like to have ended up at that table, but I'll take it. I should get some good TV face time when ESPN starts airing the WSOP.


I was supposed to get on a plane back to Thailand today. I'm having second thoughts. I can't really put my finger on why, but it just doesn't feel right. I do not want to stay in Las Vegas, nor do I want to move back to LA. I'm thinking of taking a road trip...possibly going to see my little brother up in Washington State and checking out Canada with him or something. I'll definately keep my apartment in Bangkok and spend a lot of time there, just not sure if that is home right now.

I'll post again when I have a more concrete plan. In the mean time going to give this 10k WPT event at Bellagio a try.


Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!



Wild Bill