Thursday, July 05, 2007

69th in Rebuy. Main Event Next

This picture is pretty sweet. Me at the $1k Re-buy event, in the money and short stacked, making an all-in PF play for all of my chips, Danny Alaei looking on. I busted 69th in this event. A fairly large disappointment, though a solid 2nd cash for me in my 2nd WSOP. My table was stacked with Jeff Lisandro, Amnon Fillipi, Alaei, Alan Sass and JC Tran. I raised Amnon's BB from the SB with Q3o and he reraised. He was the 2nd stack at the table behind me and I decided to make a statment early on and re-raise him huge. This has worked well for me in the past though unfortunately he had KK here and I was forced to call his all-in and double him up. That left me pretty crippled and I ended up busting out before the big money came. It was an amazing experience though and I have no regrets whatsoever. I'm playing some great poker right now and really looking forward to the Main Event.

Took a day off of poker today and played some golf, worked on some websites with my designer (who I flew into town to get some stuff finished) and went out drinking for the first time in Vegas. Fun times. Tomorrow hoping to take a trip to the Grand Canyon or some other exciting day trip, then hunker down for what will hopefully be a long week of poker in the main event.


Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill