Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Monte Carlo and Rome...and a Bit of Poker

Monte Carlo was good times. Business went well and I enjoyed my time in the South of France. Such a beautiful place. I feel a bit out of place there however, as it is the upper upper crust of society in a very pretensious country. It is nice to have a look around and people watch but after a few days I was ready to go. I didn't want to head stright back to Bangkok as I was already over there so I decided to go checkout my Italian roots on a trip to Rome.

What a spectacular city. I stayed very near the main train station and walked everywhere. Saw St. Peter's Square and Bacilica, The Collesium, Trevi Fountain and a lot of other really really old places. Fun time. Great food. People were also pretty cool. A bit snappy and short with you, kinda like me, but with an underlying caring demeanor. Some people probably find them rude, I understand the way they are. It is pretty similar to Manhatten in that regard.

Back in Bangkok now and trying to get caught up with work. If you have been waiting on me for anything I am really sorry. I am really enjoying this break but I realize some people are still counting on me.

I'm getting in pretty deep in a relationship here which I'm not sure is a good thing yet. Girl is pretty awesome though I am not sure I am ready to be in a long term relationship. No point really and it also acts as an anchor. I'm sure it had a lot to do with why I rushed back to Bangkok ;)

Headed off on another series of trips shortly and trying to squeeze in some time with my new poker coach and at the tables. I've had an impressive run up lately, though the cards are definately falling in place for me. We'll see if I can retain composure when I don't flop sets with 40% of my pocket pairs.

Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill