Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ko Tao and Hawaii, and Back Home

Spent a few days on Koh Tao (one of the most beautiful Thai islands) with the lady and then went over to Honolulu for the Kokua Festival. Both were awesome.

I felt really lame going round trip to Hawaii just to see Jack Johnson play so I invited my mother and brother to go with me. I flew them both out there and treated them to a much needed vacation.

My brother is 21 now and not doing a whole lot with his life. He mentioned wanting to go to college so I think I am going to try and help him do that. Our family doesn't have much money (I put myself through school with help from Uncle Sam) so he could definately get some government money if he got a good semester or two under his belt.

I feel very blessed to be able to do things like this now for poeple I care about. I had many angels help me along the way and to be able to pay it forward now for others is an awesome feeling.

I don't have too much planned for the near future. I've been slacking off dealing with my existing customers and people are starting to get pissed at me. So I should probably spend a week or so getting my house in order.

I've been getting asked a lot if I am going to be headed to the World Series this year and I really don't think it is going to happen. Being in Vegas for any amount of time right now just does not sound like fun to me. If they moved it to Amsterdam I'd be all over it but Vegas, yuck. No thanks.

I've also been putting a lot of thought into writing a book. I don't harbor any delusions that I've done enough with my life thus far to make an interesting book, but I think I have a book in me. I'm brainstorming now for what exactly to write about. Alex Garland's The Beach was probably inspired by his own travels and I could do something like that. I've also considered a book of short stories about people like myself who have done some neat things with the freedoms poker money has provided them. If you have any idea's for me please do email them to me or post here.

Not really looking to make any money or have a super famous book, but I think that'd be a pretty good way to spend six months or a year of my time and feel like I'm doing something productive.

I'm off to enjoy being back in Bangkok.


Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill