Friday, March 09, 2007

A New Chapter

I'm currently permabanned from 2+2. I didn't really do anything recent that warranted this but I have been pretty horrible at staying out of controversey lately (my blog post that I deleted was even cited as a reason). I can't say I fully disagree with the decision. Over two years on the site I've made a lot of great friends and been able to start some awesome businesses, as well as this blog, but I've also made a lot of missteps and some pretty passionate enemies...some of which are now powerful mod's on the site.

Well the interesting part is that this sucked for about five minutes. After those five minutes were up, it seriously feels like a weight has been lifted.

If I had to place a value on my 2+2 account I'd say it was worth $50,000+. Sucks to lose that. But at a later date I can always build up another name or maybe even get that one unbanned, if I care enough.

Though right now I can pretty much just sit back and do not much of anything at all and make far more than most American's. I've even started playing poker again and have had some good results, and at least for now, the focus that has escaped me for so long seems to be back.

My life over the last several months has been pretty awesome but I've spent far too much of it tied to the internet. Scanning the forums, answering emails, looking for new places to advertise and get my name out there.

Fuck all of that. It is time to enjoy the fruits of my labor. I've grown enough. I'm going to spend far less time on AIM and no time at all on 2+2 or any other forums, and way less time on the internet in general.

Think I'm going to start focusing a lot more on poker as a challenge and mental exercise, not for the money, because I really do love the game. I also do not need the money. I'm also going to travel a lot more and get outside during the day a lot more. Exercise more and be a human again.

I've contacted a few poker coaches who have dominated some of the highest levels and I'll be working with them on improving my game, refocusing myself and assuming that I know nothing (which I've always found is the best way to learn anything).


Anyway here is to finding opportunity in life's setbacks. Applying this strategy has really helped me to overcome some pretty sick beats, and come out a better person on the other end. I genuinely feel that is going to be the case here as well.


Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill