Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hong Kong and Monaco

Hong Kong was amazing. That is the second city after Tokyo that I've seen in Asia that I would consider living in. Well besides Paradise (Bangkok) of coarse ;)

I was only there a few days but it was just one of those places that I clicked with. Great food, clean buildings and loads of nice places to go eat and drink. The cityskape is gorgeous . People don't speak too great of english and there is bad pollution, but other than that, I'd give the city an all around score of 9 or 9.5.

I'm in Monaco now. This place is EXPENSIVE. I paid $100 to get here from the airoport by Taxi for a twenty minute ride!

Beautiful place though. French people are big assholes but they can't ruin this country for me (yes, yes, I know Monaco is not technically France), no matter how hard they try.


I got invited to go to the PokerStars welcome party tonite, to be held at Jimmyz bar. I didn't think that sounded too great until I Googled Jimmyz. From the Worlds Best Bars website:
One look at the menu will make you realise why royalty and the uber-rich are its
stock in trade: cocktails cost more than £20 a go and that bottle of vintage
champagne on the oil Sheik's table will set you back most of your monthly
mortgage...Jimmy'z has seen every celebrity and sports star in Christendom pass
through its doors and models and millionaires are as ubiquitous in here as the
champagne and cocktails on offer.

Sounds like an ok time.

Not sure of my plans yet over the next month but no matter what happens I'm really looking forward to it. I have a feeling these next months are going to be some of the best of my life.

Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!

Wild Bill