Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rio Made Amends

Finally went over and talked to the head cage person at Rio. She apologized several times but wan't willing to do anything besides refund my $25. I told her I'd gone through a great deal of stress and I wanted them to do something to make me feel that the Rio cared about my business. She wouldn't budge on this and she got the Tournament Director to assist me. I didn't get this guy's name but he's a real class act. Probably 70 years old, in charge of all of the tournaments at Rio. Finally somebody who was as shocked as I was at the fact that my money could get misplaced like that.

So he's asking me what he can do to make up for it and I didn't really know what to say. '6 MONTHS FREE ROOM AND 10 HOOKERS!!!' lol What do you say to this nice old man who's just apologizing over and over? I told him my plan was to stay at the Rio for 5 weeks but after this and the hotel room treatment I didn't want to come back at all. He said he'd get the poker rate room for me that night and comp the first few nights for me. That was enough for me, even though I probably could have pushed for more.

It was the first instance I'd seen of the Rio caring about their customers at all. Again my opinion stands that the floor people there are top notch, the support staff could use some work.

So my boycott is over, I'm staying at the Rio now, probably through the Main Event.

Played the $1000NL event yesterday and after waiting for 90 minutes as an alternate got to post 1 big blind and 1 small blind before busting out w/ KQs making a move on AQs on a Txx flop. He looked like a timid scared kid who I could push off most hands, he thought for like three minutes and frustrated threw in his chips. Nice call son.

Pot Limit event today. I've been told its the exact same game as NL except for the element of the huge all-in PF raise. I'll give it a shot.


Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill