Friday, July 28, 2006

Main Event

Has started today. I'm on day 1d, so first day for me is the 31st. Not terribly excited about it, though I probably should be. I've built up a mean stack several times in this WSOP, even made one dinner break, but have not monied yet and I don't anticipate my first cash (much less a final table or a win) is going to come in this 9,000 player+ event. Though going to play my A game and be plenty rested yada yada.

Got a nice goodie bag from stars with a bunch of Stars jerseys and a Jacket. Quality site PokerStars is. Too bad all the fish are at Party.

Steaming along setting up my business and I'm thinking of staying here for a bit to run it myself. Now that the call center is setup and we have cubicles etc, I'm getting pretty excited about it. When I ran the company before I didn't have near the bankroll to throw at it, but now I can do it the right way. With poker not going the way I want it to right now I'm thinking it might be a good time to take a little vacation and put all of my efforts into the business.

We'll see though, if I make day 2 (and then 3 and 4) of the Main Event, I will probably be singing a different tune entirely.

Wish me luck and good luck to you if you are in the Main Event also.


Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill