Sunday, July 02, 2006

Break Time

Time for me to take a little poker break. Not sure exactly what it is that is doing it but I'm not playing poker well right now. I have flashes of playing well but in any given 10 hour stretch at the table I'm probably playing well for three of those. The other seven I'm either trying too hard to win pots, having fancy play syndrome or just playing badly because I really don't care about the outcome.

All of this is the product of my bankroll being too big right now, being down money for the trip and me having too much success recently and that going to my head and also excitement about being in the WSOP.

So break time.

I have a lot of stuff I want to get done off of the felt so this seems like the perfect time to go after that. Discount Connection (the company I put on hold to play poker) has so much potential and I'm in the perfect place to start that business again, so I'm going to put some time into it and throw some money at hiring some employee's, getting office space etc. It really can't lose, I put the company on hold a year ago now and I still have a couple grand every month coming in in recurring billings. Its such a sweet business model.

I'll still play in the Main Event and most likely more events but for probably at least this week, I'm going to try and get my feet back on the ground and do some non-poker stuff.

To my WSOP backers, I've now played in 2 events for a total of $4,000 in buy-ins. No cashes so far. I'll keep you guys posted on when my next event will be.


Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill