Thursday, June 01, 2006

A Little R & R

I've pondered a lot of options the last few days and I think the one I like the best is following my original plan and heading back to Thailand before the WSOP. I promised myself that if I won that money I wouldn't change anything about my life. Last night I was playing in the 25-50 NL game at Bellagio with some very good players. I held my own and actually made a descent bit of coin, but I changed something about my life.

I've also been re-thinking my vehicle situation. Currently I drive a 1999 Honda Civic. Good car, very reliable and looks nice. Clean. I keep seeing all of these people driving around in BMW's and Benz's and its making me jealous. I could go buy one right now, in cash. No problem whatsoever. But thats stupid. Wtf do I want a depreciating asset for? I'd rather have some good mutual funds or a piece of real estate. Seriously.

So before I let my inner deamons take control of me I'm gonna head home, where the most I could possibly spend in a month of exuberance is three or four grand. That can go in a semi-big night in Vegas. Patrick also promised that if I won he'd come back to Bangkok from Tokyo, gotta cash in that ticket. So I'm out tomorrow morning.

I'll keep you posted on the WSOP plans but most likely I'll be back for Event 1 on June 27th.

Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!

Wild Bill