Monday, June 05, 2006

Good to be Home

Over the last 5 years I've lived in Northern California, Santa Barbara, Long Beach, Davis, Elk Grove and Bangkok. For the first time in that period, I am living in a place that legitimately feels like Home to me. Pretty good feeling. I guess the main reason it never felt like home before was because I was always looking forward to something else, it was temporary by design. I guess that time has come for me. I am where I wanted to be in a number of ways.

Been out and gone pretty big the last two nights I've been home. Met up with a 2p2er and fellow traveling poker playing blogger, MagicNinja at http://vagrant7.livejournal.com/. He's off on a three year world tour grinding out 5-10 NL heads up for a living. He told me a crazy story about a prop bet involving some dude diving into a shark tank for five grand you have to check out. Posted on 2+2 here.

Gonna head off on a trip through the islands w/in the next day or two then look for a new pad when I get back, Brandon has decided to finish his degree back in the states so I'll be out a roomate. I'm leaning toward going back to the WSOP for event 1, though I may postpone that a bit and go in early July, we'll see how hard it's gonna be for me to part w/ home.

Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!

Wild Bill