Saturday, April 01, 2006

Umm, So I Guess I Need To Switch to Cash Games...

I've been discussing it with a few Sit n Go buddies lately and as they are I'm generally sick of SNG's, especially with the new changes at Party. I thought I liked them but it seems the variance is much worse than before, as the attainable ROI's are lower.

SOOO I got www.cardrunners.com and a NL cash coach I am starting with and have been reading up and chatting about the games with some guys I know who've been beating them for awhile. I've been dabbling in 5/10 and 10/20 (on Party and a bit on Stars) over the last week or so. Here are my results over the last few sessions:

10/20 PokerStars, Shorthanded, one table, played for about 1/2 hour: +$1,900
10/20 PartyPoker 6-Max, one table, played for about 1/2 hour: +$2,000
5/10 PartyPoker 10-Handed, two tables, played for about 1 hour: +$2,100
5/10 PartyPoker 10-Handed, two tables, played for about 1 hour: -$600
5/10 PartyPoker 10-Handed, two tables (with 3 MTT's going), 2 hours: +$300
5/10 PartyPoker 10-Handed, four tables, 1 hour: +$4,100

umm,

fucking

ship

it



Thats a bit under $10k in less than a few hours of work if I were 4 tabling the whole time. Obviously a filthy nasty heater that I'll never see the likes of again, but I have never ever ever ever even HEARD OF a rush like that playing SNG's. It isn't physically possible. Of coarse this means that soon I'll loose more money in a short span than I've ever heard of one losing, but ya. Thats poker.

Nothing motivates me more than clearing 5 figures in a few hours of work :) Wish me luck in continuation of my heater and also in improving at cash games. I'd like to stay at 5/10 and clear 3 PTBB's per 100 4-tabling. Also known as, I'd like to make over $200 per hour plus rakeback :)

Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill