Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ok, So Maybe Not

So I got denied a seat on my stand-by flight to Bangkok and all of the flights the following day were full. I hadn't showered in almost two days nor slept in more than 30 hours, so I was pretty much on life tilt at the airport in Tokyo. So I look over the departures that night and see: Honolulu, in an hour.

I didn't mention it but the Jack Johnson show in Tokyo was amazing, I could see him 100 times and not get bored of it. His music is great but he's also a fantastic peformer, talking to the crowd a ton and mixing in cover song verses into his stuff, and changing his songs a lot. Anyway, he's playing two shows this week in Hawaii (this is where he is from) and they are his only 2006 dates. The Kokua Music Festival with Ben Harper, Willie Nelso, ALO, Matt Costa etc etc.

So I'm pacing around Narita pissed off and realize all of this and just say FUCK IT!!, literally, out loud, even got some glances from confused Jap's...FUCK IT!!!, bought the ticket to Honolulu and here I am.

This kinda screws up my plans a lot but I totally dig that I have the freedom and resources to do it. So my tentative plan for the next few months looks like this:

Now until early May, trip around Hawaii. My mom loves it here and haven't seen her for awhile so might be flying her out in the next few days.

Early to end of May, Heavenly Hold Em, Commerce

At end of May I'll be headed back to Hawaii (I have a round trip to Tokyo) for a week or so and then back to Bangkok via Tokyo.

I'll spend about a month in Thailand and setup a new apartment/condo there (our current lease is up in early July and me and Brandon both want a different place.)

Then to the WSOP baby!


Thanks for reading, if you have any tips on Hawaii please forward them, now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill