Sunday, April 16, 2006

Headed Home

Bad news. I'm in love. I've known her a little over six months now. I've only been away from her three times. Each time, I could not stop thinking about her. I had to rush back as soon as possible. I'm now sitting in an airport in Tokyo praying I can get on a standy flight in four hours to go and see her.

Her name is Thailand.

So ya, Japan was cool. But she doesn't hold a candle to my girl. Not even close. I'll be back. But I'll never leave my girl for Japan, not a chance. Can't exactly put a finger on why, just isn't the same. I almost feel like I've cheated on Thailand. I hope she isn't mad at me. I better buy some flowers.

If you ever go to Japan: Shinjuku, Roppongi, Shibuya, Ginza and Kyoto are not to be missed. The first four are sections of Tokyo, Kyoto is its own city. Fun fun times. I'll do a full trip report later if I have the energy, but now, I just want to see my Thailand.

Japanese balance sheet:

WSOP Main Event Seats won: 1
Thousands of dollars banked in cash games: 4
Major cities visited: 3
Castles visited: 1
# of times smacked by an old Japanese man for not bowing: 1
# of times bowing after being smacked by old Japanese man: about a million
Manga cafe's slept in: 3
# of packs of cigarettes smoked (i didn't used to smoke): ~4
Money wasted on standby plane ticket because I can't plan properly: $1,200
# of beers drank from vending machines: ~10
Amount of Yen lost to Patrick because I think I'm good at chess: 2,000

Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!

Wild Bill