Wednesday, March 08, 2006

And the Inevitable...

What comes immediately after ones biggest winning week ever? That’s right, the biggest LOSING week ever! Woohoo! I’m so excited to report that I’ve just lost more money in one week of poker than I ever have before, by far! Ok, I’m not really excited. Actually it rather sucks. Last week positive variance was nice to me and I could not lose. This week I seriously feel like god hates me and he stacked the deck in such a way to make me A) lose the most money and B) feel the most pain. As in when I lose with AA vs 44, the 4 fell on the river (instead of the much easier to stomach flop) 95% of the time.

Alright enough whining. What I’m going to do now is regroup. My poker roll (and life roll) is bigger now that it has ever been, but I can feel myself start to be a little reckless. I’ve stayed away from the $530’s while running bad, which I’m proud of, but I’ve gotten careless my last few $215’s of a set after getting destroyed in the first few. Those are still hundreds of dollars on the table, not very professional of me. I've also made some down right horrible calls and pushes out of frustration. Also the opposite of professionalism.

So I’m going to take a bit of time off. I haven’t been away from my computer for more than 12 hours for the last few months. That’s not healthy. Last night we had a party at our place, so that definately got me in the mood to get away from work for awhile. Here's a picture of my new dog Jack Johnson (we call him Jack) with a few of the lovely Thai ladies that came over.

One of my best friends is coming into town tomorrow from the states and we’re gonna have a home game with Rob (who came over last night as well, his blog is at sherwoodpoker.blogspot) and some other guys we know here. We’ll do a bit of drinking after I’m sure, then I’m off. Most likely Singapore first, not sure yet though. I have Jack Johnson tickets for April 15th in Tokyo so I need to make it there for that. No plan, just me and a full backpack and my debit card.

When I get back I’m going to drop down in stakes, put in some ‘work’ at the 33’s or 55’s. I’ve taken playing with a big bankroll for granted I think and I’ve gotten a little sloppy. I don’t want anything to jeopardize this lifestyle, and playing sloppy in huge games is one way that could happen. So here’s to getting my head back in order, and some fun times on the road. Just bought a very good digital camera so hopefully I’ll be able to get some good pictures up of my travels. In the mean time here are a couple of my setup in Thailand. My work setup (above) and then the best perk of all, the wonderful subserviant ways of Thai women. Cheers to never doing laundry again!


Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill