Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Yikes: -$3430

Yesterday I showed a very small profit for the day after at one point being down about $2,000. Today my five sets went like this:

0/6 ITM (-$1,280)
2/6 ITM w/ 2 3rds (-$480)
3/5 ITM 1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd (+1,125)
0/8 ITM (-$1,720)
0/5 ITM (-$1,075)

Small sample. And I got issued several bad beats late tourney, but still. Thats a massive massive loss for the amount I had alloted for the 215's, and worse yet it is a pretty decisive blow to my confidence that I can beat the game. Twice today I can remember paying people off when I should have known I was behind. Early tourney once with AJs and a flopped jack (opponent held KK) and another time with AA vs a flopped set where opponent smooth called every bet I made and didn't raise once.

I'm not going to draw any conclusions or make any hasty decisions now, though I do feel outplayed to some degree. I'm not into my own money now and if I computed my $200+15 ROI I know that I'd still be winning because I have withdrawn more than I started with at this level.

I think I may drop down to the $100+9's as in over 1000 tournaments at that level my ROI was over 22%. I definately feel the SNG love once again and that is a good thing. I was very sick of them for awhile.

Wish me luck in whatever I do now and please keep the flames to a minimum on this one. I don't need anybody telling me I suck right now. I'd like to be able to be honest in this space but obviously when I am honest about bad stuff and some jerk-off kicks me while I'm down it makes me less inclined to do so in the future.


Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill