Monday, February 20, 2006

If There Were No Variance, There Would Be No Fish

If there were no variance, there would be no fish.

If there were no variance, there would be no fish.

If there were no variance, there would be no fish.


This is much more for my own benefit than anybody else's. Sometimes I forget this and its what I always tell people when they whine to me about variance (as poker players often do). The only reason the fish come back is because they sometimes win. If they always lost they would not come back. If they always lost they would not come back. IF THEY ALWAYS LOST THEY WOULD NOT COME BACK BILL!

These are 4 sessions I've had recently at the $200+15's.

-$3430 (old system, blogged on it)
-$3600 (new system, speed tourneys)
+$2000 (new system, standard sng's)
+$5100 (new system, standard sng's)

With todays session, the last one, I am up a healthy amount and currently have an unsustainable ROI over my 300ish $200+15 sample. I still don't know if I can beat this game, I still don't know whether or not I will eventually jump off of a bridge due to these swings. I still don't know how it is possible for one to make as much money as I am playing poker on the internet.

Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill
-