Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Going Pro: Week 19

The little poker I've played over the last week has not gone too well. AK can't hold up against KQ (and the like...) right now. meh. What a wonderful tilt control traveling is. It usually takes anywhere from 5 seconds to 5 minutes to be in a fine mood after a bad session. I've run the numbers and over the last month (have fun with this one troll) I've had my least winning month as a pro. One horrible stretch and a routine downswing in that span will do that to you. Add to that the fact that I've PLAYED less in this month than any other and I guess it makes sense ;)

I decided to come back to Phuket, the internet in the places I wanted to go near Krabi was poor and wouldn't have allowed me to work. I came to a different side of Patong this time and didn't realize it is actually a pretty cool place. I was in a bad part before and didn't venture too far (NEVER TRUST THE TOUTS AT THE AIRPORT!!!) the hotel I'm in now is fairly cheap ($20 US a night) for the area and very very nice...and there are a ton of clubs and a gorgeous beach within walking distance. Going to see if I can get my buddy currently stationed in Chiang Mai to come down.

I stopped by a business broker today for kicks. There is a little italian restaurant with a 7-room hotel above it for sale, in a prime location on the beach: price: $50,000 and $2,000 a month. :) That sure would be fun.

I'm off to the beach.

Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!

Wild Bill