Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Back to Basics

My slide goes on and poker is not too much fun right now. I'm re-reading Theory of Poker with a few others from 2+2. We're going to go over 4 chapters a week and focus on the fundamentals. I've had some bad luck lately, but the biggest thing I'm noticing is that I have become less a student of the game. Through this blog and coaching and winning I think my ego may have gotten the best of me a little bit and I've stopped seeking out new information on poker, and therefore have stopped being critical of my own play. I've heard it said many times before that the day you stop being a student of the game is the day you begin your downfall. Time to get back to the books!

Until I can put together at least a good few weeks I'm also going to step down (yet again...) to the $50+5 level, and may even go lower than this if I don't do well there. My living expenses are so incredibly low right now it doesn't really matter what level I play at. Ego. Thats the only thing in my way right now. Wish me luck fighting it.


Thanks for reading,

Now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill