Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Paris-Amsterdam

Anybody looking for poker information or results on this blog would probably be best advised to check back in a week or two. I'm currently travelling through Europe on my way back to Thailand and will mostly be posting about that, along with any updates for Project Thailand. The original Project Thailand (AKA SNG Team) post can be found here.

That being said, I am shocked at how expensive Europe is now. The last time I was here was about four years ago and it seemed cheap to me. However the prices have gone up a great deal for everything from transportation, to accomodation to food...I guess the weakening dollar along with the strength the currency of these nations received when transferring to the euro has had a big impact on us Americans. I miss Thailand :)

So ya, did the Van Gogh in Amsterdam yesterday, Louvre here today. No riots or burning cars or crazy black youth running around killing American tourists...at least not so far. Paris seems like Paris.

Having second thoughts about the girlfriend situation, she is really pressing me (via email now) about trying the long-distance thing, and she is generally pretty low maintanence, I think this may work...especially with a report from one reader here that he tried something similar with a nice result (eventual marriage). I'm fairly certain she'd make a good life mate, I'm just not in life-mate mode right now...I've been waiting for this trip for a long, long time. And here it is, thank you poker :)

I'm off for now, regarding Project Thailand we now have proper bankroll funding for up to 4 full-time players up to the $50+5 level. Now to find those players. We are putting together somewhat of an aptitude test for interested parties...though this may take a week or two to get in working condition. As always, anybody who would like more information on this concept or tips on rakeback or any other issue can email me at grindblog@gmail.com.

Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!

Wild Bill