Saturday, October 29, 2005

Going Pro: Week 14 and 15

I am a professional poker player.

Sounds nice.

As one reader told me early on would happen, I am growing more and more comfortable and confident with that title. As my earnings continue and my life as a poker player becomes more secure...I am getting more and more comfortable telling people what it is that I do for a living.

It usually gets some variation of an awed response and normally a predictable line of questions. This is nice. When I started I felt a bit ashamed of what I was doing and assumed people would have the same look on it...this is not at all the case.


Thailand was amazing, me and my buddy are looking into getting out of our lease and moving over there. As we both play poker online for a living, it would not prevent us from doing our jobs. The cost of living is so low there that we could easily save over half of our income and still live like kings.

The last couple of weeks in Thailand were pretty lazy, no great stories to tell. We stayed on the islands most of the trip...did a bit of diving and a bit of drinking, but not much of anything else. And it was heaven. I cannot wait to go back.

Off next Friday to Europe with my girlfriend for about ten days, if all goes well I'll have the opportunity to just stay gone...working my way back to Thailand and with my buddy meeting me over there.

Wish me luck and thank you for all of the kind emails and suggestions. I enthusiastically welcome any and all correspondance from readers...send to grindblog@gmail.com.


Thanks for reading, now get back to the tables!


Wild Bill