Friday, August 05, 2005

Another Good Finish

Played some MTT's tonite and made it very far in the PP 100+9 with 390 entries. Final tabled with the average stack and 7 handed I busted on this hand:

***** Hand History for Game 2481051444 *****
NL Texas Hold'em Trny:14556356 Level:17 Blinds (3000/6000) - Friday, August 05, 04:26:18 EDT 2005
Table Multi-Table(416685) Table #1 (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 7
Seat 5: deeandell ( $114037 )
Seat 6: ChagiFish ( $47918 )
Seat 10: gmoney234923 ( $103746 )
Seat 1: brett_ho ( $42696 )
Seat 2: JohnMunch ( $8898 )
Seat 4: RazeIt ( $40016 )
Seat 9: tvladxx ( $32689 )
Trny:14556356 Level:17
Blinds (3000/6000)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ChagiFish [ Ks Kc ]
RazeIt: vernie doesn't count...he hopes to get picked up by a serial killer
gmoney234923 folds.
RazeIt: and no normal person want that'
brett_ho folds.
JohnMunch folds.
ImJustAPatsy: can anyone loan me $50
RazeIt folds.
deeandell calls [6000].
freefalling2: same here :)
ChagiFish raises [15000].
ImJustAPatsy: can anyone loan me just $50 i'll be payback
tvladxx folds.
deeandell calls [12000].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Js, Th, 5s ]
Your time bank will become active in less than 20 seconds. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
ChagiFish is all-In [29918]
deeandell calls [29918].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Jc ]
** Dealing River ** [ 4h ]
ChagiFish shows [ Ks, Kc ] two pairs, kings and jacks.
deeandell shows [ 4c, 4s ] a full house, Fours full of jacks.
deeandell wins 101836 chips from the main pot with a full house, Fours full of jacks.
Player ChagiFish finished in 7 place
ChagiFish has left the table.
The Small Blind left the table. The Dealer button remains in place.



This is not a whining post. I seriously laughed when that 4 hit. Do I want that call? You bet. Now the next 9 times that happens, I'll walk away with all the chips, and likely the tournament.

The reason he called me is explained very nicely in Dan Harringtons Harrington on Hold Em Volume 1. I had gotten a crazy run of cards to get up to this point in the tournament. This was at least my 4th time having KK and though I never saw AA I had QQ also twice and AK a couple of times from 20 players down till this hand. The thing is, I never had to show down one of these hands. In tournament poker I really pump my strong hands most of the time. I rarely slow play them for fear of getting beat. So because of this, I often either bust/double through a guy or win myself a small pot PF or on the flop, and this is perfectly fine with me.

Well now here is this big stack watching me ramming and jamming another pot when nobody has called me on my previous attempts, and he decides to play sherriff. Perfect. Because I have cowboys. My feedback from the player chat really let me peak into my growth as a player, I just typed in 'lol' 'nh dude' 'gg guys' and one player said 'gracsious player, even on a beat like that, no whining'. This really made me reflect back in my progress, a year or two ago I would have been fuming and punching things and very upset. Now I am perfectly fine with that result, because I made a great decision and got exactly the result I wanted...I made him call me when he was destroyed. I can't control the cards, but I can control the way I play them and the way I take beats. It was another stellar cash and for another day, poker is my friend.

Wild Bill